This Wiki is optimised for Desktop viewing. If you are viewing it on your mobile/tablet please select 'switch to desktop version' on the menu in the top left corner.
You can download any of the pages on this wiki. Go to the top right corner of the page you want, click on '...' and Export to Word or PDF.
A unique opportunity has arrived: use digital technology to improve public sector services, win contracts, build business – and along the way make everyone’s life a bit better.
The CivTech® pilot is harnessing new technologies to drive daring and innovation in the public sector. It brings together private sector innovation, public sector organisations and citizens to develop more efficient and effective products and services, which will translate to new, better, faster and easier experiences for everyone. Backed by the Scottish Government, it’s going to provide an unprecedented route for entrepreneurs, start-ups, SMEs and other businesses to develop the benefits of digital transformation in the public sector. And crucially it’s going to create a swift, secure and practical pathway for those businesses to win public sector contracts.
This is your chance to take a problem identified by a public sector organisation, solve it, and grow your business.
It's based around Challenges...
A Challenge is simply a problem which a Challenge Sponsor (public sector organisation) would like solved. These are the ones the CivTech® pilot is focused on. We're not prescribing the solution - that's for you to figure out!
We will run engagement sessions for each of the challenges. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions directly to the Challenge Sponsors. More information on the dates and times can be found in the Challenge pages above.
It's for everyone...
The at-a-glance opportunity for entrepreneurs, start-ups, established SMEs and businesses...
CivTech® is your chance to...
- Take a public sector Challenge and solve it in an innovative way
- Secure a public sector client through a streamlined procurement process
- Get paid to co-design and co-develop the new products: there's an Exploration Stage £2k, an Accelerator Stage £15K, then a further amount for the Commercialisation Stage (the amount dependent on the Challenge and the nature of the product)
- Keep 100% of your IP
- Keep 100% of your equity
- Be part of a bold movement to drive daring and innovation into the public sector
- Be part of a tech co-location and collaboration space helping to make Scotland a more prosperous, just, open and equal society - and along the way, make people's lives better.
How the CivTech® pilot works
A number of public sector organisations have provided Challenges - problems they need help solving. There are six from three different organisations, and they're what we're asking you to solve (you can apply for one, or as many as you wish).
The pilot has a number of stages -
Stage One: Challenge creation: Challenge Sponsors (Public Sector Organisations) identify the Challenge they have, define it and provide all relevant data, information and market opportunity on the Challenge, and ask for solutions [they do not define the solution].
Stage Two: Application: The digital ecosystem responds with potential solutions: these could come from new start-ups, scale-ups, students, and citizens from any part of life.
Stage Three: the Exploration Stage: Three teams are selected to work with the Challenge Sponsor for two weeks to refine their proposed solution.
Stage Four: the CivTech® Accelerator: One of the three are then selected to develop their product in collaboration with their Challenge Sponsor, and with citizen participation in a 3 month product development cycle.
Stage Five: Pre-Commercial development: At the end of Accelerator period, the Challenge Sponsor would have the opportunity and be encouraged to continue the contract with the participant team.
Stage Six: National and international commercialisation: the product is now commercialised and looking to build a national and international client base.
How do I find out more?
- To learn more about CivTech®, the wiki menu to the left will give you more information.
- For questions about the pilot as a whole, then contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For specific questions about a Challenge which will inform your application, then please go to the relevant Challenge on Public Contracts Scotland.
- If you would like to sign up to our mailing list click here
- Follow us on Twitter @CivTechScotland
- Like us on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Watch our videos on our Youtube Channel
We may use this data to contact you regarding future news and events that we think you may be interested in. More detail about this can be found in our full privacy notice.