The festive month has officially started..and we’re all looking forward to another productive month before we head for our Christmas holiday! Over this week, our teams have been super busy with meeting guests, facilitating focus groups and attending a number of workshops. A day in the life of a CivTech® participant!
- Mairi McFadyen - Scottish Storytelling Centre - Mairi is working closely with the Learn to Love Digital team to create content for their mobile application.
- Clive Gillman - Director Creative Industries, Creative Scotland -
- Scottish Government mygov Content Team - We thoroughly enjoyed hosting Rachel Dowle (Head of Content mygov.scot) and her team!
- Scottish Government Justice Team
- Bank of Scotland - Gillian Henderson (Lead Director, Commercial) and Angela Smillie (Commercial Director, Commercial Banking) - I met Gillian at the opening of the Edinburgh University's Centre for Service Excellence (see blog post w/e 28/10/16) and I was delighted to be asked if she and Angela could visit the studio. It's testament to the hard work that everyone is putting in that parties from the private sector are taking an interest.
Following the sale of Skyscanner to China’s Ctrip, we were pleased to welcome our next speaker, Calum Paterson from Scottish Equity Partners. As the Managing Partner and Chairman, Calum was jointly responsible for investing into Skyscanner before the billion dollar sale. During the Fireside Chat, Calum spoke extensively about the creation and growth of Scottish Equity Partners, investment portfolio and the latest sale of Skyscanner. On behalf of the attendees, we all enjoyed a thoroughly interesting evening!
Our User Engagement sessions are well underway and this week brings more updates. As we reach the last few weeks of the Accelerator, our teams have been conducting a number of focus groups and interviews with the aim of gathering feedback on their latest product developments. One of our teams, Learn to Love Digital were particularly busy this week with citizen engagement.
- Company Finance and Accounts 3: Corporate Tax & R&D
Hosted by: Johnston Carmichael
- What Investors Really Want
Hosted by: MBM
- CheckGate 2 sessions
Hosted by: CivTech® - Joe Tree and Mark Elliott
CivTech Team and Studio
As another productive week comes to a close, we can only reflect on the progress made by the 10 teams (ok so we include ourselves) within the Accelerator. As we were working on our own Mission, Vision and Values, we watched the most amazing sunset...